What’s up everyone! It’s been quite a while since I’ve posted, so I thought I’d do a quick little tag all about travel. Anyone that knows me would know that I live for the holidays and pretty much work my ass off all to experience new places around the world. In less than three weeks I’m off to a trip of a lifetime all over Europe, so I’m more than happy to keep the excitement by completing a tag. Enjoy 🙂
Born and bred in Sydney, Australia and currently still reside here. As for ethnicity, I’m 100% Filipino.2. Have you been overseas? When/Where?
Yes! I’ve traveled throughout my entire life. My first trip was to the Philippines at 2 years old. Since then I’ve been to: USA, Canada, Singapore and New Caledonia. I think that’s it, not counting countries I’ve had layovers at.
3. Do you prefer summer or winter? Why?
For traveling – definitely summer. It’s easier to pack lightly, more places are open until late and it’s perfect for a tropical getaway. In Sydney, however, I personally prefer winter. Spending my birthday and Christmas while it’s snowing is also on my bucket list.
4. Summer or winter fashion?
Hmm, I’d have to go in the middle and say spring fashion.
5. Where is somewhere you would love to travel to?
Europe (very soon!) and Asia, mostly Japan and Korea.
6. Name your essential makeup items for the beach
A foundation with SPF and waterproof mascara.
7. Are you currently saving up for a trip?
Yes, I’ve been having the hardest time saving up for Europe. I just hope the prices of things over there don’t shock me.
8. Do you like/dislike travelling?
I love everything about it except long-haul flights and going home.
9. Name a place in the world you would love to shop.
Anywhere in the USA, especially outlet stores! I’ve bought plenty of great things there. Hawaii was probably my favourite shopping destination. I would also love to shop in Paris and Japan, but I think I’d need to save wayyy extra to cover that.
10. Who is your favourite beauty guru and where do they live?
Judy Travis (itsjudytime) – Seattle, USA
Shannon Harris (shaaanxo) – New Zealand
Chloe Morello – Australia
Claire Marshall – Los Angeles, USA
Promise Phan – I forgot what city she’s from, but definitely USA
Sammi (beautycrush) – UK
11. What accent in the world is your favourite to hear?
I used to really dislike the French accent, but there’s a guy a work with one and it’s so charming to hear. It might be because he’s a really nice guy too.
12. How many countries have you visited?
Not as many as I thought! Only five.
13. Why do you travel
As a kid, I traveled mostly to visit family, which was still exciting because they’d always take us to all the touristy places. Now that I’m older, I travel because I find it enriching to experience new cultures and places. I’ve also found that some of my favourite memories were made in different countries.
14. Favourite city or country?
I’ve been to the USA five times and it might just always be my favourite destination. We’ll see if Europe changes that!
15. Most memorable experience abroad?
Probably last year. I did Philippines, Canada and USA in 6 weeks. Some of the happiest moments in my life.
16. Best item purchased abroad?
I don’t really buy expensive items when I’m abroad, I’m all for the sales and makeup items! I do however still love my Michael Kors wallet I bought at the Grove.
17. Advice for those who want to travel but think they can’t?
If you can’t because of the money, work your ass off and travel somewhere where you’ve always wanted to go, it’ll be worth every minute of labour, even if you hate your job. If you can’t because you’re scared of flying or experiencing new places, start off by traveling to cities around your country. I’m sure you’ll find the courage to head abroad someday!
18. Travel accessory you always pack?
Power adapters. Crucial for charging all the technology I bring lol.
19. Can you recite your passport # from memory?
20. Preferred method of travel: planes, trains or automobiles
Planes. It’s quicker and (mostly) easier.
21. Top 3 Travel items?
Camera, underwear and phone.
22. Hostel or hotel?
Hotels. I would never stay in a hostel unless I was on a budget and traveling by myself.
23. Are you a repeat visitor or do you explore new places?
I’m a repeat visitor for sure. I’ve traveled to the Philippines and USA plenty of times. I need to get out of my comfort zone!
24. Do you read up on your destination for culture, history or safety or do you wing it?
I definitely read up on it. Even if it’s just the basics. I could never just wing it and enter a country without knowing their cultural background and history.
25. Favourite travel websites?
Trip Advisor, travel blogs I stumble upon from Google and YouTube for looking at travel vlogs.
26. Where would you recommend a friend to visit? City and why?
Hawaii, all of it in general. It’s such a bright, sunny place with the kindest, most hospitable people. It’s everything you could imagine and more. I’m definitely planning to come back someday.
27. You’re leaving tomorrow, money is no option, where are you going?
All of Europe for as long as I wish 🙂
28. Favourite landmark you have visited?
The Statue of Liberty, the Empire State Building, Diamond Head, the Hollywood sign, Beverly Hills. I don’t have one favourite, I honestly enjoy everything I see!
29. Beach holiday or travel/explore holiday?
There’s a time for both. I like to travel and explore more! I think I’d get bored of a beach holiday after a couple of days unless I’m at a resort with a lot of activities.
30. To travel is to…
Live life to the fullest by creating memories from all over the world.