Happy 2015 everyone! Even though this year is already a month through, I just wanna say I haven’t forgotten about this blog and am planning to use it as much as I can! I thought I’d start it off with a tag: 30 Beauty Questions. I am by no means knowledgeable at beauty and make up whatsoever, this is all in the name of fun and boredom. Feel free to copy and paste it and fill it out yourselves too!
- They’re Real! by Benefit – these really live up to the hype, they’re just a bitch to remove.
- Lashgasm by Too Faced – I unfortunately lost this after my USA trip but I’d purchase it again. It smelt amazing (like hazelnut) and it made my lashes super long without it looking clumpy.
- I Love Extreme by Essence – this $6 mascara works wonders and makes it look like I’m wearing falsies.
- Better Than Sex by Too Faced – this is the one I lean towards everyday. I currently have the sample size and it’s still going strong!
3. What kind of coverage do you prefer from foundation?
Light to medium. There’s nothing more annoying than looking into a mirror in natural light and seeing how cakey your makeup looks. I pretty much stray away from heavy coverage foundation unless I’m going out at night.
4. Favorite high end brand?
Hmmm. I’d probably say Mac, only because I actually have a range of different products by them and none have really disappointed me just yet. Also, I’m obsessed with looking at their lipstick stands instore ❤
5. What cosmetic brands have you always wanted to try but still haven’t?
There’s plenty! Hourglass, Laura Mercier, TheBalm, Tarte, Bobbie Brown and MUFE.
6. Favorite drugstore brand?
I’m not sure… there isn’t one I particularly lean towards but I’d probably pick Australis.
7. Do you wear fake eyelashes?
No. Don’t get me wrong, I have before and LOVED them. I just can’t apply them to save my life. Seriously. I’ve tried at least 10+ times and it just doesn’t work for me.
8. Is there any kind of makeup you can’t leave the house without?
Probably lip balm only because I hate having dry lips. If I’ll be out for more than an hour I usually put powder and mascara on as a minimum (unless I’m just chilling at someone’s house).
9. What is your most cherished beauty product?
Definitely my EOS lip balms. I have one at my desk, my handbag and my bedside table. I’ve even finished one! They’re the smoothest lip balms ever, I’m pretty sure I’ll keep buying them for the rest of my life.
10. How often do you shop for makeup? Do you like to pick up an item here and there or get lots of goodies at once?More often than I should. I usually pick an item here and there unless there’s a huge sale on (usually Priceline’s 40% off sale). I don’t actually need anymore makeup though! It’s actually a good thing iherb increased their shipping prices lol.
11. Do you have a “beauty budget” or you spend freely?
I spend freely. If I reaaaally want it, I’ll just buy it. Only if it’s justifiable! Especially living in Australia, the beauty items here are obviously more overpriced. So I’m not going to spend $82 on Urban Decay when I know I can get it in the USA for $50.
12. Do you utilize coupons, rewards cards and sales when you shop for cosmetics?
I’m a member of the Priceline Sister Club and they give out vouchers everyone 3-4 months I believe, so that’s the only thing I take part in. And of course, sales will always get my attention but I won’t always buy.
13. What type of product do you buy the most of?
I have a habit of collecting things. First it was perfumes, then nail polishes, now it’s lipsticks. I’ve kinda stopped though. I’m mainly after liquid lipsticks that turn matte and Mac lipsticks at the moment.
14. Is there a brand that you absolutely can’t stand?
Not really. I’m open to trying everything.
15. Do you avoid certain ingredients in cosmetics like parabens or sulfates?
I’ll be totally honest, I have no idea what they are and what kind of effect they have in cosmetics. Sorry!
16. Do you have a favorite place to shop for makeup?
Priceline definitely. iherb, before they increased their shipping prices. And of course, Sephora. I shopped a lot in Sephora in the USA, I’ve checked out the one in Sydney once but really quickly.
17. Do you like trying new skincare products or do you keep a certain routine?
I am a skincare freak. I’ll try everything once. Right now I have four cleansers, three exfoliators, one toner and one moisturizer (haha, not too big on those). I have at least six face mask products (not including those sheet masks!) and a ton of makeup wipes and four different makeup removers. I’ve since learnt not to hoard makeup wipes because they dry out easily lol. I’m also a sucker for packaging which is why I have so many Formula 10.0.6 products, they’re just so cute!
18. Favorite bath and body brand?
Bath and Body Works and Cocoa Butter stuff. I also love Lush but the closest one to me is about 40 minutes away.
19. If you could only buy from one brand, which brand would you choose?
No idea! Mac, Too Faced or Urban Decay.
20. What brand do you think has the best packaging?
I like anything that’s uniform within all their products so it’s easily recognisable like Mac or Nars. However, I think Benefit and thebalm have cute packaging and Limecrime’s lipsticks and Velvetines are super kitschy.
21. Which celebrity always has great makeup?
Rihanna. I love her effortless, neutral looks and her skin always looks like it’s glowing.
22. Do you belong to any online makeup communities?
Nope, I just read reddit’s AustralianMakeup and MakeupAddiction a lot.
23. 5 Favorite Beauty Gurus
This is hard, only because I like some of them purely because they’re entertaining. I’d have to say shaaanxo, itsjudytime, Chloe Morello, Promise Phan and Nicole Guerrero.
24. Do you like multifunctional products like lip and cheek stains?
I don’t mind them, but I prefer blushes and lipsticks.
25. Are you clumsy in putting makeup?
Of course, especially eyeliner and mascara. I’ve never truly mastered it lol.
26. Do you use makeup base/primer for the eyes?
Only if I’m wearing eyeshadow obviously. For everyday wear, I use one by Ulta (I forgot the name) and for going out and heavy duty eyeshadow I wear UD’s Primer Potion. It’s seriously amazing.
27. How many hair products do you use on a typical day?
From 0-3. I only use dry shampoo, Moroccan oil and hairspray. That’s not including shampoo and conditioner btw!
28. What do you apply first, concealer or foundation?
I’ve tried both ways but I think applying foundation first then concealer second works for me better.
29. Do you ever consider taking makeup classes?
Naaah. I actually wouldn’t mind, I just don’t think I’d be that great at it.
30. What do you love about makeup?
Its versatility. It’s fun to try, fun to buy and fun to apply (ha, that rhymed). It can be an expensive hobby, but at the end of the day if it has the power to uplift the self esteem of women (and men) and make them feel better about themselves, I’m all for it.
If you made it to the end, thank you! Stay tuned for more blogs coming soon x